CORONA VIRUS UPDATES | EFFECTIVE MAY 21st, 2020:
In regards to the Corona Virus: COVID-19 has negatively affected travel plans all over the world, and we want to ensure that we are showing reserved guests the most Aloha during this time, therefore we have come up with a policy to address this situation.
For guests who's travel has been restricted due to the Corona Virus - Menehune Reservations has opted to allow the opportunity to transfer their upcoming reservations to anytime between now and one calendar year of the original dates reserved. This temporary Booking Credit includes re-booking the same unit, or a comparable unit with no refunds in monies paid. Should the guest choose not to utilize the Booking Credit, Menehune Reservations has opted to allow complete cancellations with full refunds (less the Credit Card Processing Fee). This refund window is subject to change based on state and county regulations. We hope that with this temporary policy, we are able to offer the best customer service to our guests while also honoring the integrity of our Owner's businesses.
The State of Hawaii has extended it's shelter and stay-in-place orders. Additionally, Governor Ige has ordered all persons entering the State of Hawaii to self-quarantine for 14 days or for the duration of their stay on any island(s), whichever is shorter. These orders apply to all Out of State arrivals until June 30th, 2020, and Inter-Island arrivals until June 16th, 2020. Failure to comply with all rules and protocols related to quarantines is punishable by fines of up to $5,000 and/or imprisonment of up to one year.
In conjunction with these continued regulations, Maui Mayor Michael Victorino's office has informed us that ALL Bed and Breakfast homes and Short-Term Rental accommodations may only operate to provide housing for essential workers. This ruling is in effect until the Stay at Home ruling is lifted on June 30th; therefore we are unable to accept any bookings during the month of June.
For more information on the virus and why we are taking preventative measures, please visit: https://hawaiicovid19.com .
MENEHUNE SHORES SPECIFIC NOTICES:
- Elevator Project has currently been delayed, to the end of April due to the COVID-19 pandemic - date is subject to change.
- The Pool is currently closed; we are taking extra steps on servicing the Pool area, to avoid the scheduled annual shut down, in July. We will let the Board of Directors decide when the pool will open back up based on Maui's Emergency order for the COVID-19.
- The BBQ areas and the Roof are still open for the time being.
- The AOAO Office hours will continue with its normal hours of operation, of 9am - 2pm, Monday through Friday. The office doors will be closed but, there is a COVID-19 window that is available.
- Building is continuously being sprayed on a daily basis with hospital grade disinfectant (i.e.: hand railings, doorknobs, elevator buttons, etc.)
Mahalo for your kokua during this time,
Menehune Reservations Team